Within our selection of outdoor furniture and kitchens, several designs include wooden details. To fulfill our high ambitions in quality and durability, we solely use teak for these elements.
Teak is an extremely long-lasting hardwood with high natural oil content and natural water-resistance. When freshly milled, it has a characteristic leather-like scent. Over time, each piece of teak will get its unique look and patina due to use, treatment, and environmental conditions such as humidity, sun hours, UV light, and rain.
Just like all living materials, teak needs some care and maintenance to sustain its qualities. However, when taken care of properly, it will stay beautiful for many years to come.
To reduce the risk of cracks, the teak wood details in our furniture are oiled twice during the manufacturing process. This will saturate the wood from start and give good protection for further use.
• To maintain the qualities of the teak details, we recommend to oil the wooden surfaces every now and then.
• When needed clean the teak wood details on each piece of furniture with mild dish soap and lukewarm water. Do not use more water than necessary. Dry with a clean and dry cloth afterwards. Make sure not to leave any puddles or stains of water or other fluids on the surface.
• For a quick cleaning, spray the cutting board with a solution made of one part water and one part 12% white vinegar. Wipe clean with a fine and dry cloth.
If your Röshults product is left untreated and kept outdoors, the teak wood details will turn silver grey over time. This is a natural process that comes with UV light and does not impact quality of the wood.
If you prefer the teak’s original and golden color on the integrated teak details, treat the wood by applying teak oil. Repeat this on a regular basis to ensure a good result.
- • If furniture with integrated teak wood is left outside in the sun, cracks may appear over time. To prevent this, treat the wood details with teak oil and let set. Wipe off excess oil with a clean and dry towel.
• To revitalize the surface after years of use you can grind the teak wood details with sandpaper. Start with a coarser grain size and finish with a finer grain size to get a smooth result. Be careful not to damage other parts of the furniture.
• To protect the teak details on your outdoor furniture or outdoor kitchen, please use our custom-made Luxury Covers.
Wood is offered in following variant.
Röshults sample ID: WD001
To keep the natural golden color of teak wood always make sure the furniture is dry. Ensure air circulation underneath the cover to keep mold at bay. Please, check periodically.
The warranty covers manufacturing defects, obvious design flaws and coating imperfections. Some of our products are untreated and will develop a natural patina after some time in use. This is perfectly normal and is not a warranty issue. We recommend using our custom-made Luxury Covers for optimal protection. To avoid mold and other issues related to a damp environment, we strongly recommend placing something in between the product and the cover for maximum air circulation.
THE WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY WHEN:
• An accident occurs after you have received the goods.
• Improper or not intended use.
• Failure to comply with care and maintenance guidelines.
• The product is not protected from frost.